- An elderly patient telling me that she likes me and that I'm her favorite doctor.
- Seeing a patient recover.
- Thanks from family members (sometimes with cards and chocolates to boot!)
- A consultant from a different team telling others that he thinks me an exceptionally good junior doctor (i need more of this please, Dr Walsh!) and wonders out loud whether i had been top of my class (no i wasn't, but thank you for thinking that!).
- Nurses who remember me by name.
- A smile and a 'selamat pagi' in my native language from a very Caucasian porter.
- Reaching the end of a long oncall shift with my sanity intact
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Little things that make my job a little bit more bearable than it usually is: